The purpose of the decoy is force automated weapons to focus firing on them. As long as the decoy is within 800-850m, the automated weapons will completely ignore all other blocks and only fire at the decoys until they are destroyed. It does not require power to operate.
Its current function is to force automated weapons to fire and destroy it, this can be taken advantage of. A player may build one part of their ship with heavier armor; placing decoys within it to force an enemy ships automatic weapons to ignore the rest of the ship, and only fire at the decoys protected inside the armor. The decoy block is simple to build, and automatically functions when placed/built. An example is listed below:
- Placing the decoy yourself will not cause your own automated weapons to fire upon it in survival mode
- The decoy doesn't have to be in open view of automated weapons in order to draw their fire.
- Since they are destroyed very quickly, using multiple decoys will be much more effective.
- If placed on the same ship, a hostile turret will not shoot through its own ship to destroy the decoy.
- Endurance can be further increased by using welders to repair armor blocks covering the decoy.
Toggle block On/Off Toggle block On Toggle block Off