The Spotlight illuminates objects in front of it when turned on. Unlike the Interior Light, it has a much larger range, but drains more power. Can be turned on or off either via the Terminal or by hitting L (default) when piloting/controlling a ship/station. The color, range, falloff and intensity of the light can be customized via the Terminal.
The colour of the illumination can be changed by adjusting the sliders for Red, Green, and Blue in the RGB colourspace. This will change the colour of the emitted light as well as the colour of the light fixture itself.
- Radius - Adjusts the size of the light source around the block
- Falloff - How quickly the light dims as distance from the lens increases
- Intensity - Adjusts the brightness of the light
- Blink Interval - The amount of time between flashs
- Blink Length - Adjusts in percentage (taken from interval) how long the flash lasts for
- Blink Offset - Offsets in percentage (taken from interval) how long before the light begins to flash
- The Spotlight was previously named "Reflector light".
- It may be useful to assign sensible labels to your Interior Lights as soon as they are installed using the same method, so that any new Interior Lights you install will be easily distinguishable as having a numeric code name, and can then be labelled and coloured more easily.
- If you're new to flashing lights, and want them to blink in order. Here's a quick tip. If you have 3 lights, set the first one normally, then the next one with an offset of 20%. The last one you set at 40% offset. You can increase the length/etc as you desire.
- Currently still as of Update 01.094, light sources tend to bleed through blocks. Meaning, if their radius is large enough, you can see them from the other side of a block.