Functional as of Update 01.030, the missile turret is the most powerful weapon which will target and fire upon the nearest hostile block, Decoy, moving object, meteor, or any other specified target within its operational range (adjustable via its control panel), and will always fire on enemy factions' ships and players in range unless programmed otherwise. In Survival Mode it must be loaded with 200mm_Missile_Containers to fire, or if in Creative Mode it has unlimited ammunition.
The turret take the space of a 3x3x3 cube despite its appearance. The turret has its own internal inventory capacity of 6 missiles, but they can also be connected to Conveyor blocks on the bottom to supply 200mm_Missile_Containers from any connected inventory.
The Missile turret's missiles do considerable damage, as well as surrounding area damage around the impact. It is far more powerful compared to the Gatling Turret, but it's ammunition is far more costly to acquire and manufacture. Unlike the Interior Turret or the Gatling Turret, it is best suited for offense than defense; very capable of penetrating and making short work of lightly armored blocks and causing extensive damage to Heavy Armor Blocks.
Players are able to take control of any automated turret by sitting at either a Control Station, Flight Seat, Cockpit, Fighter Cockpit. After the player can navigate in the control panel to locate the turret, and click on Manual. This will bring up the 1st-person view of the turret. The player can move and shoot with the turret while in this mode, however unlike the Camera the turret cannot use zoom functionality.
- Shoot Once - Fires only a single round
- Shoot On/Off - Continuously fires the weapon
- Control - Manually control Turret
- Aiming radius - The distance at which the turret will fire at the target
- Enable idle movement - The turret will periodically move around
- Meteors - Will target incoming meteors
- Moving objects - Any object that moves at a speed above 2.5 meters per second. All blocks, entities, and players.
- Missiles - Will attempt to shoot down any missiles within range
- Small ships - Will target small ship grids, and small blocks
- Large ships - Will target large ship grids, and large blocks
- Characters - Will target player/npc entities
- Station - Will target static station grids, and large blocks attached to it
- Never use a missile turret for meteor defense unless you have too many resources to throw around.
- Missile Turrets can be placed on top of a piston and extended to provide more freedom of angles during battle.
- The 200mm_Missile_Container ammo can be used for both this turret, and the manual Rocket Launchers.
- Unintentionally turrets may fire at your ship if a target passes behind blocks fast enough, however it was disengage after the target does so.
- It does not discriminate between friend or foe in some situations if you have your turret targeting moving objects