Blue 2 or just Blue Ship is a pre-fabricated ship, usually seen on many of the Easy Start maps and commonly featured in various official videos. The updated newer version of this ship has numerous features and facilitates making it suitable as general purpose very light but heavily armed transport.
The ship is made up of various sections including: a general cargo bay towards the bow that has various automated timer blocks to pressurize and depressurize, a long and narrow hallway connecting the Cargo Bay to other sections, a central deck with Medical Room connecting all other parts protected with an Interior Turret, a right wing with an Assembler, an relatively empty left wing, the bridge with Control Station at back of the entire ship (containing the gravity generator) and an accessible upper deck via passage block with cargo containers and direct access outside.
The ship when compared to Red 1 is relatively fragile (as seen in numerous official videos), with a very exposed and fragile central walkway and conveyor tube making it easy to split the ship into two.
- 27 Thrusters: 2 large+6 small forwards, 3 large backwards, 1 large+3 small right and left, 1 large upwards and 1 large+6 small downwards.
- 2 Solar Panels on the top of the ship, providing some power to save fuel and recharge batteries.
- A fully functional pressurized cargo bay with airtight doors and connector ports.
- A Jump drive
- 2 batteries for emergency power.
- 8 primary sources of power - Small Reactors (generating a total of 120 MW)
- 1 Gatling Turret, 2 Rocket Launchers at the front and 1 Interior Turret on the main deck for internal defense defending the bridge and all crossings.
- A fully pressurized interior with artificial gravity.
- A fully conveyor accessible inventory.
- A Medical Room in the main section.
- 14 Small Cargo Containers providing a large amount of carrying capacity.
- 8 Timer Blocks for automated functions.
- A well protected bridge with Control Station
- 3 Oxygen Tanks with 1 Oxygen Generator
- 2 Antennas and Beacon allowing easy radio communication.
- 2 Gyroscopes which admittedly is a weakness.
- 2 Spotlights at the front.
- 2 Landing Gear on the underside.
- Many Cameras in all directions for widespread visibility and awareness.
- Many Connectors and Collector points for versatile docking.